Monday 19 February 2018

PHOTOS OF WHERE MY ANCESTORS LIVED AND WORKED

The following photographs relate to where my grandparents, great grandparents etc. worked and lived.

44 North Hermitage Street, Newcastleton, Roxburghshire (my 5xgreat grandfather, Francis Ballantyne, is credited with building the first house in Newcastleton in 1793, and this photograph was taken when it had become a garage. The building has since been demolished).




Andrews Knowes, near Canonbie, Dumfriesshire  (where my grandmother, Agnes Turnbull, was born in 1910)




Billhope Cottage, Castleton, Roxburghshire  (where my great grandparents, James and Agnes Turnbull, lived in the 1920's)




Westerkirk School  (where my mother attended in the 1930's)




Milligansbush Farm, near Gretna, Dumfriesshire  (where my great uncle, Marius Byers, and his wife Hilda, lived and worked, in the 1940's/1950's).





Glendinning Farm, Dumfriesshire  (where my grandparents, Archie and Agnes Anderson lived and worked in the 1940's)





Woodbrae, Teviothead, Roxburghshire  (Archie and Agnes Anderson lived here from 1950-1953)




Chesters Lodge, near Ancrum, Roxburghshire  (Archie & Agnes Anderson lived here from 1958-1968)



Victoria Laundry, Hawick  (where my father worked in the 1950's / early 1960's)



Rockview, Denholm, Roxburghshire  (ground floor of property)  (Archie and Agnes Anderson lived here from 1969-1983)



No comments:

Post a Comment