Monday 12 February 2018

MORE FAMILY HISTORY...AN UPDATE ALMOST FIVE YEARS LATER!!

Well, almost 5 years after my last (and only) post, I have decided to update this blog.

Numbers wise, I now have 3,046 people in my family tree - an increase of 45, although most of these are distant relations. It's much more difficult now to progress my direct line in any branch of the tree, as I'm looking back over 200 years ago and reliable documentation is quite limited.

I have however had much more luck with finding photographs of my direct line ancestors. To date, I now have photos of 4 of my great great grandparents, having found Andrew Stavert TURNBULL and Jane MURRAY.

Andrew Stavert Turnbull

Jane Murray


Also 3 of my great great great grandparents, John MURRAY and Devina LUNN, and James COWAN.

John Murray

Devina Lunn

James Cowan


Finally, I also have a photograph of my great great great great grandfather, Charles BEATTIE, who was born in 1781 (in Canonbie, Dumfriesshire) and died in 1873.

Charles is pictured below, and it's certainly unlikely I will find another photograph of anyone who was born back in the 18th century.



Another post concerning the Anderson side of my family (my mother's side) will follow shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment